Website of StelaFoods.ie
This statement relates to our privacy practices in connection with this website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites.
Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
StelaFoods.ie fully respects your right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information, which you volunteer to StelaFoods.ie, will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
Collection and use of personal information
StelaFoods.ie does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by using our contact form). Any information, which you provide in this way, is not made available to any third parties, and is used by StelaFoods.ie only in line with the purpose for which you provided it.
Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our hosting provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors.
The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor’s web browser
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- Click stream data which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded)
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor.
StelaFoods.ie will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of StelaFoods.ie never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our hosting provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only by StelaFoods.ie, and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 & 2003.
Glossary of technical terms used
- Web browser
- The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer or Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
- IP address
- The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in “Internet Protocol” code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.